Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Didn’t find what you are looking for? Ask us directly. Email support[at]getpose.com
- What do I need to get started?
- Any computer, laptop, or tablet with internet access and the Chrome browser.
- How long does it take to get set up?
- Getting set up in Pose takes only minutes. Setting up credit card processing can take a few days depending on the provider. North American Bancard, for example, takes just a few hours.
- Can I use this over a mobile data (broadband, 3G, 4G) connection?
- Yes, of course!
- How can I remove tax from store items?
- Tax can be removed on the item by opening the item in the products section in the management system and removing the tax for that item. (Note: You’ll want to be sure to re-add the tax on the item if the removal is only temporary)
- How do I organize my inventory?
- The management system provides you with the ability to add categories. Just enter the management system and click on the “categories” tab.
- How do I clear my transaction history?
- Receipts can never be cleared once the sale is complete. If you need to reverse a transaction, you can simply do a “quick return”.
- How do I add my inventory to Pose?
- There are several ways, actually. You can do a direct import with a CSV file, or upload manually. To do this, simply enter the management system and click the “inventory” tab. On the top left, you’ll see the options to add a new item or import a CSV file. Clicking the “import” button will also allow you to download a CSV template.
- What happens if my device crashes?
- All your data will be saved and you can continue working where you left off from any other device.
- Where is my store information saved?
- All your information is stored in the cloud on Amazon servers.
- How do I backup my store information and inventory?
- If you prefer to manually backup your information, you can do so by exporting your data into an Excel file.
- What type of hardware would I need to purchase?
1. Barcode Scanner -
Any standard USB barcode scanner will work perfectly.
2. Cash Drawer -
You can use any standard cash drawer. Most standard cash drawers plug in directly to a receipt printer for power. So basically along with the cash drawer you'll need a receipt printer.
3. Receipt Printer -
Most standard thermal receipt printers will work. For specific questions regarding model number, just ask us :)
Credit Card Processing
- Which merchant services does Pose integrate with?
- Authorize.net and North American Bancard.
- Can I use my current merchant service provider?
- Yes, you can. Basically you would ring up a sale in Pose, swipe the credit card for payment on the external terminal, and have the customer sign the printed receipt. Pose will keep a full record of the sale, but not the actual credit card details.
- What is the credit card processing rate?
- Pose is not a credit card processor or merchant service provider. The processing rates are determined by our affiliate partners or the local merchant service provider you choose to work with.
- Can I still process credit cards while working offline?
- Unfortunately, no. Without the internet, we cannot send the info to the credit card companies and for security reasons, we never store that information.
- Are you PCI compliant?
- Because we don’t store credit card information in the system, we are not required to be PCI compliant.
- How can I reach customer support?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-347-809-6808
- Are there any contracts?
- Absolutely not! Pose is contract free. The cost is $49 and you can cancel anytime.
- What accounting software does Pose integrate with?
- Reports can be downloaded into a CSV file which can be easily imported into your accounting software.
- Does Pose work with multiple locations?
- Technically, yes. All you would need to do is add an additional cash register to your Pose account.
- Do you have an API?
- Not at the moment, however this feature is coming soon!
- Can I set different permissions by employee?
- Yup! Employees can either have “cashier” or “management” privileges. These changes can be made in the “employees” section in the “management system”.
- What happens if I lose internet connectivity?
- Because we use HTML5 offline caching, Pose works perfectly even while offline. Once your interest returns, Pose will automatically sync.
- Do you have support for multilingual and multi-currency usage?
- Of course! Pose is currently available in several languages and dozens of currencies. If we currently don’t support your language or currency, just let us know and we’ll add them for you.